PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Person AOC?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2020, 23:44
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Pinky , Longrass. re photography. Refresh yourself for Reg 206.
Photography. is deemed to be a "commecial " operation.
CAsA has stated for years they'll fix it ,and as ceos have squarked in Senate Hearings .."we are NOT a commercial regulator,..we are a 'safety' regulator". All bull**** of course. CAsA will lie to anyone, even Ministers.
206 denies a person the right to make a living from photography and denies free trade.
I am advised by others more legal that it 'ultra vires' the Act, so has no head of power ie is unlawful.
But its a catchall and CAsA like to leave it there.
Remember too that the commerce of photoraphy has NOTHING to do with the safety of any flight to do so.

My photography business was wiped out by CAsA at the behest of a competitor company, so we have cronyism and corruption into the mix.
206 was the initial hit in court. But CAsA persons had started well before that, 'white-anting' by ringing clients 2 years before summons ! telling them they should not be using my operation because I was doing so illegally, and sending State police/local plods to talk to clients. ( WTF do they know about regs and safety)
In the arts of bastardry CAsA knows every trick in the book to do a hit job.

Between first summons and court, I flew out a contracted project. This really got up their nose because they rang the lawyer and said I was in contempt of court..!! and I hadnt even been there yet.
So I got done again for that using their second knife 2 .7 d ..allowing an aircraft to be used for a 'commecial' purpose ..ie photography. Reverse wording of 206.

So I was made a convicted criminal for going about my qualified profession of Photography, using my qualifications as a very experienced PPL and operations in my own aircraft.
I carried no passengers. I did no harm to others (maybe to the competitors bottom line). I flew by the VFR rules. With GPS tracking and other techo it was a solo operation.
I had no accidents. I was never prosecuted for using an aircraft dangerously, recklessly or unsafely. Couple of minor airspace infringements over the decades but who hasnt?
All I was doing was trying to earn a living...in this wonderful free ? democratic? land of Oz.
Pity about the 'Aviation Hearse' at 16 Furzer St CB,and some of its diabolical inhabitants.
Never mind Demark...there's plenty rotten in the (Soviet) state of CAsA. Corrupt A*%eholes Shafting Aviation.