PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2020, 05:21
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crosscutter
All I would add is in my interpretation:
there won’t be an indefinite stand down for a fleet. This is because the stand down (as opposed to other methods of managing a surplus) applies while the aircraft don’t fly. So For example, if the A380 never flew again the stand down could only apply for as long as the a380s were still parked and operational in QF colours. As soon as they were sold or discarded a RIN must occur and the stand down ends. I doubt QF would keep an aircraft just to avoid redundancy payouts.

It explains the lack of announcements regarding the 747, when everyone knows it has almost no chance of further operations. At the very least the waters are very muddy on this issue.
And that's exactly it - 100%. They wont announce the 747 retirement because it will mean a RIN, and right now they cant afford it.

The chief pilots exact words: "at an appropriate time we will follow the RIN process".

Originally Posted by dragon man
And of course HRs word is gospel isn’t it.
It's much better than yours, that's for sure. Whats even better is that it actually makes sense because it saves them cash, and they have the legislation to back it.