PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 12th Apr 2020, 19:22
Big Pistons Forever

Received 134 Likes on 61 Posts
There is one up-side. My employer has gone all in on the latest management fad where no one has a desk anymore or any personal space and everyone works crammed into one third the space to save money on leasing costs. I think it is safe to say hot desking and side by seating in totally open plan offices is an idea which is going to go away fast.

I think the biggest threat to airlines is the fact that all the video conferencing programs have a got a huge shot in the arm from virus related restrictions. Lot's of business and government workers, including me, are using them regularly for the first time and which I think will permanent reduce the demand for business travel as was traditionally face to face meetings now will be done remotely. Since business travel is the core money maker for all of the legacy carriers, this has huge implications for their future.

Freight flying however is booming and will IMO, be where there is money to made going forward.