PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2020, 08:16
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
Things in my view will not be the same until we have a vaccine and people are 100% confident to fly knowing they are not going to end up up on a ventilator within 3 days of arriving at their destination. That is now years away.

There is then the economic aspect which is absolutely dire.

If you take Dubai as an example yes there will be some travel but this will surely be discretionary for people having no option but to travel for work or possibly to sort out personnel affairs.

IMO we are facing an economic earthquake.

Assuming you still have a job or indeed your business hasnt gone bust why on earth would you then take a chance of sitting in a metal tube with 500 other passenger in close proximity with a high likelihood that at least a dozen have got Covid that will then be circulated via the air con system ?

This isnt going away. The measures we have in place are simply to ensure the NHS isnt swamped with patients this virus will be doing the rounds for months.

JET2 TUI and RYR will "apparently" restart in June.

Where on earth are they going to fly to Spain , Italy!
SERIOUSLY ?
The data suggests that many European countries are getting the thing under control, bad news is that so far as I can see the UK is still far from out of the woods, so much as Brits may want to travel again, and resort destinations open up gradually to foreign tourists, there may be the very real prospect that those destinations will not be open to Brits because of where the UK is with regard to controlling the outbreak.

Emirates starting again on 1st May to me is pure pie in the sky, perhaps a better chance of the leisure carries restarting mid June. We are driving on holiday in June, or at least hoping to, but for as long as the French won't allow Joe public to enter the country unless returning home or working in essential services we have two hopes - Bob Hope and no hope!!