PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions For Aircraft Engineers.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2020, 10:50
marvo999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just scrolling through the PPrune forums and notice this thread raised in 2010.................. 10 years ago and no one has replied except now, me! I wonder with all that is going on why the LAE's in the UK are not getting together more as a force and then I read this chap's thread and none of us replied, it's answered my own question really.

I have been a member of the ALAE in the UK since the day I got my BCAR Licence in the early eighties and continue to pay my subs via Prospect. I wonder what life would be like for us now if we had all joined the ALAE when we became licenced? I am convinced the reason UK pilots earn such nice sums today has lots to with the high number of them being members of BALPA.

I have heard good and bad stories about Prospect but trade unions are not like companies they are run by the membership, steered by the membership and exist for the membership and therefore if a trade union is not doing what it's members want then really you can only blame the membership or in our case those thousands of LAE's in the UK too tight to fund their only true voice in our world by not joining.

HubNuts, thanks for your question!