PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to Virgin
Thread: BA to Virgin
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2020, 06:39
Bravo Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3RDi
Having been an observer and occasional contributor; the general theme has ALWAYS revolved around money, “weekend’s off”, lifestyle, toxic people, etc. You never achieved anything from your bickering, just stayed where you were (predominantly) and bash more. Those who called others moaners and toxic are THOSE people! Thought you folks just needed to be grateful. But making that comment would get one into considerable trouble.

Anyway, maybe now you’ll be glad you have/had a “flying” job and not ACTUALLY have to retrain or resume an old career as this is most likely for some of you HERE. No doubt you are more worried about your bills than your working conditions which probably weren’t so terrible after all, people. The question on most minds now is;
”why should (airline) keep me (over Joe/Jane Bloggs)? ‘They will keep me because I’m this, that and the other and been around for donkeys years.’”

Don’t get me wrong.... I only wish you all the best and continue your flying careers. But it is entertaining to read your comments on manufacturing that holy grail flying job - captain here, captain there, SH vs LH, etc. Never considered losing your job. BA is as good Virgin, EZY is as good as TUI, RYR is as good as JET2.. you’re flying a jet (I’m sure you miss that NOW no matter what you say). You rather be a pilot than that lorry driver which gets great pay.

OK, ready for you. Still have plenty of love for all aviators.
Obviously a drunken rant by the time posted and bad English but I'll bite..

I think you will find Pilots are pretty adaptable people.. Plan A, B, C etc incase the brown stuff hits the fan. Oh and I already have the wheels in motion to apply for a HGV licence..