PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2020, 15:18
palegreendot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mohammed AlShehri
As an unemployed saudi pilot ,I would like to say to all none Saudi pilots whom complaining a lot and talking bad about my country and Saudia Airlines, Saudia gave you a chance to earn flying hours and many type rating such as 777 and 787 and 330 as well while most Saudi National never had the chance to do so,
I wouldn’t be so mean and say you wouldn’t get a large salary like you did in saudia and never dream of being Captain in your countries, just be thankful and now you all have what you came for ( flight time ) (not for loving Saudia neither saudies )you’re not lost go back to your countries with what saudia honored ,you will find jobs , Now it’s time for saudi pilots to fly in their country,
(one last thing I WOULD to say thank you FOR your SERVICE)

not your business if Saudia can or cannot survive without expatriates it’s our business
Mohammed,
it is incorrect to say that Saudia gave a chance. Sounds like some people came to the country and got mountains of gold in exchange for nothing. They came to the place were they had been needed in order to perform certain work in certain conditions for certain money. Such relations are normally called "job". Now some pilots are feeling sad as the airline doesn't want to follow its own regulations and Saudian laws. Do they have the right to complain at least in the internet?

You are talking about salaries. Guess why the salary in Saudia is better than in Europe? Same aircraft, similar procedures...?
This is the market. European guy would never ever go to Saudia to work in the country where human rights are being abused, homosexuality leads to death penalty, etc. I don't want to say that this is bad, it's very unusual for the expats. It is not about politics, it's all about society and culture. They are very-very different. However, neither the airlines nor the pilots offered themselves to each other by force. Contracts had been signed, in a civilized world non-compliance with contracts causes at least
disapprobation from people. If pilots violate their contracts, they are normally being punished in accordance with actual Terms and Conditions, and they have only themselves to blame.
So may people who have been following their contracts complain and declare unfair treatment when they want?

Flying widebody aircraft is not only a privilege, it's a hard work that shall be done by professionals. It's understood by airline management and insurance companies. By the way, why do you think Saudi nationals never had chance to fly that aircraft? Health? Experience? Competence? What's their problem in your opinion? And how do you think, why are EU and the US airlines not hiring Saudian expat pilots? The job market of Europe and the United States is full of professionals ready to demonstrate their experience and competence, so guys with 5000+ TT and jet experience can hardly get captain job of A320/B737. At Middle East they can become widebody captains. What's the trick, how do you think?

The expat pilots (like all human beings) are not designed to like something they don't want to like, but they don't become less professional when tolerating East.
Excuse me, I'm not sure if anyone said that he is worried about Saudia survival. Honestly speaking, very few care, IMO. People just want their contracts to worth something more than the paper on which they are written. As for me, I would like to hear someday that Saudia aircraft are flown by the locals.
But! From you, not from avherald.

Last edited by palegreendot; 9th Apr 2020 at 15:39.