PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Conscientious Objector!
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2003, 00:34
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Re the correction of my grammar. I think you'll find that if you put the keyboard down and step back from the keyboard you will in fact see the pun. Rather like when some wag says, 'you need edumacation like wot i 'ave.'

I would rather hope that a professional pilot such as yourself would be more than able to spot humour and maybe even add some witty repartie to your reply instead of bumbling into the elephant trap that is like wot you ave done innit.

Admittedly however my misspelling of someone was not an intention and that was merely a slip of the finger.

If it was your intention to imply that you agree with the statement that you posted to BEagle i.e. war is wholly immoral and a repugnant event, how can anyone object to it on moral grounds? etc' then you have achieved that. If however you intended to imply the opposite then you have singularly failed to do so.

It is more than obvious that most of us who signed up for military service did so knowing both the pros and cons. If this is your point I agree and I am sure that many on their next period off agree also.

This, however wasn't what you wrote and it is to that to which I posted my reply. So before this turns into an English grammar forum and we break down the syntatics, pragmatics and semantics of what was actually written. How's about you try stating what it is you are trying to say and then we can get back to posting our views on how much we think this guy should or should not be strung up.

My on the fence view is that if you take the queens shilling and then refuse to fight (other than in a situation where you are given an illegal order) you should be given the suitable 2pence worth of 5.56 mm treatment but hey that's just IMHO.

The Company will retire, aaaa bout turn. Ahh I think I hear sunset being played.....