PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2020, 00:59
Green.Dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ConfigFull
V-Jet isn't exactly wrong though. The yes voters willingly agreed to 190-200hr rosters as we know them. What's that going to look/feel like?

Or was that a secondary consideration? QF will be disappointed they didn't go harder - luckily they get a lot more chances.
Ill put this out there... Yes we will be working harder than ever for Sunrise etc. But having a couple weeks out there looking for a job outside aviation has made me realise that there are plenty jobs out there where you work harder, are more stressed, pay 75% less and get zero satisfaction out of. I won’t be the first guinea pig to put my hand up for 22 hour duties, but drink through a straw at 65 or whatever the ever so dramatic V-Jet puts forward, so be it. 85% of pilots voted for it so you are clearly the minority V-Jet.

It’s aviation. Leave the industry or move on. If Sunrise didn’t happen this decade it would have happened the next. And then there will be pilotless aeroplanes one day. Rant over, good luck everyone, hope you are holding up ok