PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan vs VA
Thread: Alan vs VA
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2020, 22:24
Paragraph377

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerialPerspective
The same Branson who is being castigated from the UK House of Commons to the High Street in the UK at the moment for refusing to pay his stood down (without pay apparently) Virgin Atlantic staff even though some enterprising chap has worked out that the interest on his fortune in just 6 months would accrue more than what it would take to pay them their full wage.

A loudmouthed, BS artist... I remember him dancing on the grave of AN and also having the gall to stand up and make out the industry was nothing before he came and saved us.

His Oz outfit probably had some sort of basic profitability but was never a superstar of the business world until 2010 and then it was "We are the Borgh, you will be assimilated, your culture and your finances (and your J class cabin) will adapt to service me, resistance is futile" and thus it began, the downward slide.

Love Qantas or hate it, agree with the management decisions or the management or not, it makes a profit and Virgin don't. I wish there was a way we could save the staff but let the rest collapse... maybe pick another successful airline like Alliance and offer them the $1.4bn or even $2b and the staff and provide tax breaks for them to become the 'other' carrier. They could get the VA fleet or what they wanted of it, for $1 when the staff are safely ensconced at QQ.

Oops... did I misspell Borg LOL... (apologies to Gene Roddenberry)...
Brilliant post and so true. Branson is not the Messiah people make him out to be. He is a marketing genius yes, but a parasite beneath the surface. He doesn’t ponce around in an Armani suit while wearing a Wall Street haircut because he prefers the ‘fun guy, I am a battler like you’ approach. But he is the quintessential toffee coated turd. He is the pied piper and while playing his tune the loyalists blindly follow him. Fools. He couldn’t give two ****s about his staff, ethics or business practises. He is about the mighty dollar and no different to any other billionaire grub. If he was ‘such a good bloke’ he would be doing something to try and save his beloved VA, which if I remember correctly
in one of his media grabbing interviews he said ‘Australia has been held ransom to two airlines for to long’ and he was here to shake things up a bit, have some fun along the way and relieve us poor convicts of the terrible AN/QF duopoly.
Yeah right. So ok arsewipe, put your money where your ego is and come and step in again with some money to ensure that Australia doesn’t end up with a one airline monopoly...... oh the silence. Sir Richard are you there? Perhaps he is hiding in a bunker deep within the bowels of Necker Island? The fool.