PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying stops at major UK ATOs
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2020, 11:09
Fl1ingfrog

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by VariablePitchP
No, not ‘END’ as you put it, you can’t just make a loud point, use block capitals and walk off, not normally how discussions work.

BEagle makes (another) very good and valid point. Do you honestly think it’s a good use of your or anyone else’s time to be asking what you know full well to be pointless and unnecessary questions
The "END" is a parody of the use of it by BEagle in an earlier post and he will know that. In my use it is intended to request that he stops his abuse and his attempts to bully those who disagree with him.

I doubt whether the CAA has had a surge of unnecessary emails but there will be some. Should an individual know a question to be pointless and unnecessary then it would seem unlikely they will ask it. Before a lecture or presentation I have always written at the top of the white board or similar: "there are no silly questions other than the one not asked". When that "silly" question was asked it would usually cause many to sit up in their seats because they too had the question on their mind but didn't dare ask out of embarrassment. Constructively the silly question, more often than not, could lead us into an interesting and important debate of value to everyone. When planning to climb a rock face, fly an aircraft or at any time that individual behavior is critical the silly question could be critical to everyone's safety. For those who may have many years of experience and be active centrally to swipe away the questions from those less experienced, for me, is complacency at the extreme.