PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career advice for Pilots..
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2020, 09:27
Sholayo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mooneyboy
Why not turn this into a more pro active thread instead of a ‘everyone is doomed’ thread.

Does anyone have any experience of being made redundant as a pilot and what jobs did you go into or what advice do you give others?

Is there any ( I know someone clever will say McDonald’s) jobs or career where pilots skills are transferable or regarded as a positive that can be used to support a family?

I’m hoping not to have to use the advice but might be useful to work out a plan for those of us with long aviation careers and not much else.
Frankly I find it hilarious that ideas many pilots have here on this forum are jobs like plumbers or bus drivers. I always thought (and even expressed this here some time ago in totally different thread) that ability to work under stress, quick problem solving and decision making along with 'practical engineering' makes any pilot excellent candidate for project manager in many areas. And trust me - even in IT I see many great IT project managers who are not of IT background. It always help but is not critical. All you have to do is to be able to be humble, learn quick, listen to others. Does it sound familiar?

&