PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Solutions testing day
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2003, 01:41
CH4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess we've all had time to calm down a bit from the flurry of rapid postings that appeared last night. Some sage advice coming from some people here; especially Towers and Captain Fillosan. I've said in another post elsewhere, as you will recall Aviate, no-one is too old or wise enough to learn and receive feedback from others; the essence of good CRM., and that applies equally to me as anyone else here. I'm not always right and sometimes I do make mistakes. I only hope that as each year goes by, I make less than I did in the previous year.

I know Towers and have done for a long time. Personally, i don't agree with all he says, but I do know that what he says he believes and we may agree to disagree. If we do disagree then we will do so in a gentlemanly and polite manner. Even if I disagree with him I respect his opinion as I know him to be a genuine, honest and well meaning kind of guy. I would class him as one of my friends in life.

I would like to set a few things straight;

Aviate I did not call you an idiot. The one I called an idiot was 126.9. His post has since been removed by one of the moderators because it was clearly slanderous and defamatory, liable to action. Maybe he had just come back from the pub, who knows, but that kind of post is inadmissable. My comment to you, 'if the cap fits' was very much 'tongue in cheek' - I thought the LOL would have clearly demonstrated that, so I hope you didn't take offence as none was intended in that remark.

The information that most people are asking is now available, but not here, for all the very reasons answered before. It will be divulged to those that are seriously interested and who are in contact with us on a one to one basis. Those not interested might like to know, but sometimes a like to know is not a good enough reason. As the information is now out in the public domain I guess it will be just a question of time before it filters its way through to here.

I guess that we have probably covered all of the issues that may be relevant in the numerous postings on the various topics, so I now propose to gracefully retire from this arena, on the basis that repeats of the same old opinions and questions have already been covered to death elsewhere. I think there is enough information for new pilots to be referred to previous posts for answers on everything.

I will be monitoring topics for obvious reasons, to ensure the likes of 126.9 don't repeat their fauxpas again or to answer a new and genuine question that may not have been previously covered.

For what its worth; we actually made a loss on the last assessment day. Too many of the candidates were successful, so I have to foot the bill for that! LOL. Yes, I can laff about that, because I'm actually very pleased that so many were successful. Contrary to what some might deduce from what I say here, I do actually achieve a real satisfaction in being able to give someone that 'leg up' onto that ladder. You have to remember that I too have been through this painful process and I am eternally grateful to those that helped me when I most needed that help. I guess its called paying back some of that help to others.

In Aviates own words Peace and have a good one

Sorry, I forgot my chemical signature; CH4