PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Solutions testing day
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 16:18
Aviate378

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear CaptainFillosan

quote: "£850 is not a lot"

Well, maybe not to you with your nice captain's wallet, but for a young guy without a steady income it could mean a lot. Especially when we remember that only couple of years ago those airlines were willing to pick up the bill with no hesitation at all.

quote:" Do DUE DILIGENCE. Get all the information you need before parting with any money. Be sure you know what you are getting into by asking as many questions as you need to. If you are told that there is a guarantee of a job at the end of the training, which includes base and line checks, get it in writing. Then you need to know at what salary and what kind of contract. Again get it in writing. If the company has nothing to hide they will do it. If they will not do it - walk away."

That's an excellent comment and I just could not agree more with you ( I would just like to add: "at the end of SUCCESSFULL completion of the training"). But could you (and "all your friends") enlight me with just a small little detail: Why guys like me, who are asking those TRTOs to come out more openly with the relevant information, including true and real chances of landing on a permanent, reasonably paid job, always get treated like "criminals"? If we are not immediately willing to join this choir singing: "Ooh, this is such a great deal, and everyone should just go for it!", it gives you the right to say that we are no help at all, and we should keep our mouth shut???

Last edited by Aviate378; 20th Nov 2003 at 01:32.