PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aything happening in Scandiland?
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 15:02
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Scandinavia

Hmmm... After a night out I should have given this thread a better name... How about "Anything happening up in thaaa Nordic" or something in that lines.

Anyways I was interested in happenings of the Nordic countries in general. And naturally to get some action here.

TJ B747's in Arlanda... Well who knows. Air Atlanta was looking at them some time ago to use them on the Hajj. Seems that it would be cost prohibitive to get them running again. There are more aircraft available sitting in Mojave and other places in US that can be used. Might be that it is cheaper to just fly them over. Perhaps the cold nordic withers and wet summers et springs et autumns are detrimental to old aircraft.

Now that we are splitting the hairs, I'll participate with pleasure. Just have a look at the map of Finland. Focus on the tri-border area where Finland, Norway and Sweden have a common border marker. Now that one could call Scandinavia. Denmark on the other hand is not even geographically connected to Scandinavia, rather to central Europe.

Kiitti vaan ja thunder

JJ