PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA Doing Fine.
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 13:42
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awetzel

I'm sure that everyone on the board "had" exactly the intentions that you put across.

This is not an organisation that you would vest your interests in. It has shown itself to be disfunctional and unrepresentative for so long how could you. That said i actually thought they were doing Ok for the first few months.

I'd rather put forward my own opinions, represent myself and give my time to those activities that make a difference. Putting your efforts and vote behind AOPA is wasting your vote.

However the point I make above is one of how does an organisation even put out correspondence that has incomplete ownership at board level!! Let alone a document on this hot potato subject. This letter was clearly released knowing the outcome. How could anyone want to work with these people and your not going to change the whole board all in one go.

Without knowing and being cynical, I would suggest that there may have been another agenda in the release of the letter. It would be a shame if these issues were being given in on in the hope of personal advancement. I certianly hope this is not the case.