PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 15:53
ILS27LEFT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waco
AA/

GG/ Unless we get some strong leadership and proper organisation very soon. I dread the consequences that will follow!
I agree this is a moment in history where strong leadership and proper organisation are going to be vital.
I think that all the leaders are struggling and this is normal as this is so unprecedented, I personally do not like the way some of the leaders are dealing with this crisis, some are are not fit for purpose during a crisis of this magnitude. We need real leadership like the one of the Italian PM Giuseppe Conte who is not a professional politician however he is very smart and very calm under pressure and he has been able to make very difficult decisions in a very short period of time.
We need proper leadership, I agree and this is urgent.
To remain within the topic of PPrune, this is a very significant emergency in each country. It is a bit like the well known aircraft that had just lost all the engines close to the Hudson river a few years ago, we all know that the exceptional calibre of the Captain definitely made the difference and saved all those on board, well COVID19 is very similar, we cannot have a below average Capt at the front instead we need a top of the top Captain (e.g. Sully=Giuseppe) or the plane will just crash somewhere due to wrong decisions being taken, or no decision at all or too late. Obviously this is my personal opinion, those leaders who could do quite well in normal circumstances maybe they are not suitable at all for this massive crisis due to their personalities which are maybe incompatible with this type of crisis. Hopefully they will be surrounded by more suitable personalities to handle this crisis and we might be fine in the end.
We basically need the best possible Captain in each country's cockpit, the best do not necessarily have to be in charge 24/7 but the various Head of Govts need the smartest minds very close to them and daily for constant valuable advice and speedy decisions.
We are in uncharted territory, standard procedures are not applicable, same as Capt Sully, he intentionally ignored all standard procedures and therefore saved all pax.
We need very smart, calm, intelligent leaders. Scientists will probably be even more crucial for a speedy resolution.

Last edited by ILS27LEFT; 23rd Mar 2020 at 17:22.