PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 23rd Mar 2020, 09:13
waco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummmmmmmmmmm

AA/ This is going to go on for a long, long time. It will not be over in 3 months. 1 year absolute minimum I think.

BB/ Until some form of practical vaccine is brought into widespread use its just going to get worse unless we adopt the Chinese approach of total shutdown.

CC/ The age of mass travel on the scale that was in place prior to this virus will not return for a very long time. If ever (I very much doubt it will). This is for a vast number of reasons not least off which is the global economic depression that will bite and bite very hard. People will be concentrating on food and shelter.

DD/ Once this is sorted we must address our complete economic and political approach to everything.

EE/ My goodness we need some leadership, especially in the UK. It will not come from our current PM Dominic Cummings nor from a 93 year old Head of State who along with her family has no idea of life in the real world.

FF/ I admit to some panic buying, two lovely bottles of malt whisky which I shall enjoy whilst I catch up on my reading and write my about my experiences over 33 years in the business which I doubt will see the light of day which is probably just as well.

GG/ Unless we get some strong leadership and proper organisation very soon. I dread the consequences that will follow!