PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAS Border Control
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2020, 13:27
Okihara

Location: Currently: A landlocked country with high terrain, otherwise Melbourne, Australia + Washington D.C.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by De_flieger
It's not a very nice thing to say, but talking about how best to evade the infection control measures being put in place to try and slow a pandemic that has already killed thousands isn't a very nice thing to do either.
Seriously mate, you just can't have the government preach social distancing as THE solution to this health crisis and tell GA pilots that they shouldn't fly solo around right now. Isn't flying solo the royal form of social distancing? And isn't this THE best time to do that long nav that you've been postponing for far too long? Which one of you hasn't had the thought cross their mind? Be honest. YES, it definitely is, and yes, by all means, pack your tent and fly away, if you can. Just resist the temptation to lick the bowser handle, but that kinda goes without saying hopefully.

If all state borders are becoming shut, then my heart goes out to fellow ACT pilots.

Originally Posted by flywatcher
You are more disgusting with every post. You should have a long hard look at yourself.
Look buddy, it seems like a real challenge for you but trust me, it's not good for your blood pressure so just relax for a moment. I just offered a theoretical albeit illegal way of crossing the strait, and camouflage it. I didn't say it was smart. I didn't say do it, nor would I ever. There was nothing serious about it, hopefully that's within grasp of anyone with a double digit IQ, even those with pilot licences. And hopefully you didn't come to PPRuNe to find truth and guidance. No disrespect but take a look around, there's a lot of entertaining blabla by many nonexperts and clear-sky Sunday VFR blokes. And that's fine. Still, your bright bulb mate (or cousin) is apparently the one who didn't get it and who escalated this by wishing that I have an engine failure enroute for trying (hello!?)– which I hope we can all agree that this is a bit of an extreme reaction, even for something posted on PPRuNe.

Would he have said that face to face? Probably not. But writing this here anonymously on PPRuNe, no biggie, hey??

So go on mate, heed your own advice and have a long hard look at yourself. I'm doing just fine.

Originally Posted by swells
Where as Okihara ... go lick a cruise ship or something you goose
Oh boy, you're cracking every joke in the book

Truce?