PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Solutions testing day
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 07:24
Aviate378

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Opsmaneurope

How I'm trying to be constructive here is: Maybe these companies should play with bit more open cards, like saying:

"Okay, you have now passed our aptitude assesment session, and we have found you to be a fairly skillfull and competent pilot with nice attitude towards your job. Your training will cost you this much (an exact sum) and If you do not screw up with your training we will be able to place you with (the name of an airline). Your salary will be (the amount)". If that would be the case, I would say that it would be ethically ok. (still wouldn't like it because most of those 4 items listed in my previous post)

But as long as I hear: "well, we are going to charge you for this and that, then you might improve your chances by paying for your initial operation experience, and after that there's MAYBE a job available somewhere". I feel sad because it will be just another way to take this profession of being a pilot down again. Why do I feel so? Because, do we earn our respect and dignity by working/studying hard and getting to the next step by being one of the best, or just paying our way there?

Being an airline pilot is and has been a fairly respectable job (in addition that it's so much fun), but is there even a single soul who wouldn't feel that slowly & surely we are losing it. Why? Because we have been willing to give it away... Every day, when we see another one willing to pay more for his/her training & job and working for less, we are digging our own hole. If this tendency continues, soon those bus & truck drivers will be paid more than the aviation professionals. This is something we should remember when making our decisions...

And opsmaneurope, with all respect, it's quite hard for me consider you as an educated individual because everyone with even a little amount of formal education realizes that the diagnose of "personality disorder" requires bit more of analyzing than just a letter...

Regards
Aviate378

ps. you may not like what I'm writing here, but there is no way you could give me an order to shut up!

Last edited by Aviate378; 19th Nov 2003 at 15:29.