PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 21st Mar 2020, 01:11
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
The "Who" to be an airline, rather than a person. Let's discuss the airline industry in this thread please. I know we all have our concerns ans beliefs with respect to the virus' effect on people, that's for a discussion elsewhere.
Throughout this thread the discussion has veered between the airlines and the pathology. The word Who? Whatever, there's one thing for certain, the hardware needs a fully functional crew. Staff wellbeing is paramount now, the virus and the world's strategies I'm sure are more important than one aircraft operator or another. An aviation site? Yes, but while this is not the biggest threat we've experienced, it is the biggest issue that we've actually had to cope with since the war.

Don't make a fuss . . . it's all the press' doing!? Hmmm, an odd thought about that. During the war people at home could gather together after the all clear. They had a pint and prayed in what was left of their churches. Togetherness - pretty well all they had. Now if anything, the press is helping to keep us apart, which counter to historic crises, is a good thing. But the sad thing is people are succumbing to the need for group comfort - and it could very well kill them. 'Bingo as usual tonight'. Awwww, they're old, they need the camaraderie. Fine, but don't dare call the NHS if you succumb. But of course, they will, and the NHS will respond. They're wonderful in these parts, but should not be put at risk by bewildering ignorance.

Beating my drum again about airborne droplets. In an untypically relaxed interview today, a virologist was answering questions while hugging is mug of tea. One thing leapt out at me was the minute numbers of viruses needed for an infection. It was an unexpected answer - 18, I think. They'd fit in the tiniest droplet. It is a very, very dangerous virus, not least of all because of the long incubation time hiding the danger.

Italy, lovely kissy, huggy and very verbose people are now singing operatically out of their windows. Oh, my. Sir Fred Hoyle would have a lot to say about the mist in the air. Going on his logic, dry or heavy rain is okay-ish, but a drizzle can hold a virus for hours. The air can be long range deadly.