PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZ CAA Grounds 21 Heli
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2020, 09:13
PEASACAKE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 27/09
I think the question is was it improper work or work not properly documented? There is quite a difference. Unfortunately documentation can be more important in some eyes than the question of whether or not the job was done properly.
Correct work documented incorrectly, or incorrect work documented correctly, its a documentation minefield in todays over audited, overseen, regulatory age, that is if the regulators ever bother to come and visit you. And if they do they only look at paperwork procedures and trails, never the end product like they used to many years ago.

From apprentice to Technical Director, I have been there so many times over the last 40 years, and nowadays documentation is 75% of the task.

The trouble is that the documentation can be "audited" a year after the work was carried out, and since work was carried out months ago new technical or "guidance" information could have been produced or surfaced.

If when completing paperwork you expect it to be critically audited in months to come, you would probably have to take a photo of every stage of the work you carried out, and thats what I did for the last 3 years of my career, literally thousands and thousands of photos to document engineering work.

It came in useful many many times.

Sorry enough ranting whilst stuck indoors...........................stay safe everybody.