PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NCA and WSOp
Thread: NCA and WSOp
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 01:15
WSOPWannabe1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Reply to Pontius Navigator and Mike Jenvey:

Thanks for the prompt response guys, Well here goes:

1. I bombed out of the AIB 1st time round due to my Psychometrics,( not my spelling!!!) I couldn't long divide, long multiply etc. They told me I was motivated, keen, sincere in my reasons to join, but my effective intellect let me down.

2. 2nd time round, the Captain of the board, said my leadership had been shaky and my interview too "rehearsed". I felt the de-brief was far too ambiguous and have requested a full breakdown. His comment at the end of the de-brief was " We don't feel you have the potential to be an officer in the RN, but feel you would be an asset to any armed force as an NCO, either as NCA in the RAF or as an artificer in the RN". So, what do I do???

3. I have always wanted to join the military, like most young lads it was to be a pilot, but my aptitude is pants. No for Pilot and WSO/Observer. NCA is really my only other option. Flying isn't the only attraction( or the main one either ). I want to join the RAF/RN for all the other reasons, the lifestyle, the career opportunities, the responsibility, the travel and most of all the excitement and variety. I've been stuck in an office job for the last year since graduation and I'm pulling my hair out!!

4. At the moment I am a communicator in the RNR, I thought that may have some relevance to the job of a WSOp(EW), I deal with Teletype, Voice Comms etc In the end, I'd be happy doing any NCA role, be it ALM on a Tristar or a WSOp on a Nimrod R1.

So, what do I do now? I think I should wait for my Breakdown from the AIB first, so that I can see where my weaker areas are. NCA is something I really want to do, any further help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.