PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 17th Mar 2020, 21:16
Aithiopika

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drc40
I think the testing dispute is impossible. No country has the capability to test all citizens. You test those with symptoms in order to quarantine. You simply can not test the entire population. Those with a runny nose will make a beeline to the testing stations and crash the system. It’s a fools errand to think testing everyone will somehow help and suggesting to do so is heightening the hysteria.
Not sure what you're criticizing here. I'm certain there's no serious dispute about whether to test every single person (it's impossible).

Any serious person who wants to get testing up and running wants to do targeted testing, because if we can only manage to sort out the testing mess, it will allow for much more effective containment.

(most of the pronouncements we (USA) have had about the virus being pas the point of containment are really arguments that testing is so fubar that we won't be able to fix it and get all the necessities distributed to where they are needed before it becomes too late. I.e., it's too late from a logistics of testing perspective, not from a direct how widely the virus has spread perspective).