PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French Age 60 Rule
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2003, 00:01
Bigscotdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is AKADA a japanese word for idiot?

Take up professional Football. They usually retire at 35! That should keep you happy.

In a (probably doomed) attempt to give you some perspective, akada, myself and several of my colleagues have spent seriously large sums of money getting retrained for a new career in professional aviation in our 30's and 40's.

Several of us spent years as Instructors on tiny salaries with no pension available before managing to find Airline jobs.

Are you saying that after all that struggle to achieve what we have, we should then step aside at 60 on a pittance pension so that arrogant young guys like you can achieve an early promotion? I don't think so.

If you stopped to exercise your brain for a minute or two, you should be able to work out that this whole debate does not really affect the younger Pilot.

Most career pilots in the major carriers will have achieved excellent pensions by 55 or 60, and generally have no wish to keep on working. Only a small number of people like myself may need to consider that option, plus those that really do live for their work - and why shouldn't they continue to do that if they want?

Get a life laddie!!