PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS to ground 8 A380
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2020, 22:05
Foxxster

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
No I’m hearing it’s worse....much worse 80% reduction in all QF group airlines flying....just coming through Bloomberg and other sources, that’s 20-23000 job losses if true.
well that came sooner than I expected. Virgin will do the same. And this will be the picture for all airlines worldwide. And if or more correctly when the next phases come in, closing all shops, schools and restaurants and cafes, then next, locking people in like Spain and Italy, expect basically a complete shutdown. Not 20% left flying, maybe 2%.

job losses will of course occur. The airlines and many many other affected industries will need to go into hibernation for a period of about 6 months. I imagine a lot of admin staff will be fired but pilots put on extended leave without pay .

this is out of management’s control. All they and we can do is watch the case numbers and hope they level off sooner rather than later. Currently Australia’s are still growing exponentially. Same for many other countries.

wash your hands, keep away from other people as much as possible and look after any elderly relatives who are likely going to be told to self isolate for many months. Somebody has to make sure they have food , medical supplies etc.

good luck. We are in for about 6 months of hell then fingers crossed a better Xmas..and new year.