PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will survive this and be here in 6 months ?
Old 15th Mar 2020, 17:42
Mascot PPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SamYeager
Well this is all very interesting and I certainly have my own views on what may transpire but I thought this thread was supposed to be about which airlines were going to go to the wall?
Sorry if I went off topic. Asked last week I would have listed some of the more leveraged under performing airlines (most already listed). Right now my answer would be "any airline that doesn't get fully supported by it's government in some substantial manner". Can't see any way that air transport is going to get back to anything like normal during 2020. Not just international carriers, only a matter of weeks/days before inter state flights start to get hit badly in the US?

My opinion only, but IMHO the only guys making money out of commercial aviation in the next 12 months will be some cargo operations and those renting parking space for unused aircraft (and they'll be wanting cash in advance). I hope I'm wrong BTW, I really do, but I don't think I will be....