PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi moves to Belfast Harbour
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2001, 22:59
controller friendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

K.I.L.
As far as i'm aware,we will be climbing to 80 & scottish descending to 90.This is what some of our guys at the top have been trying to negotiate anyway.It's certainly an improvement from 6 & 7 which i believe was originally on the table,but nothing firm has been decided,i don't think that will happen til after the trial at the end of the year.
The departures won't actually be SID's but PDR's(Preferential Departure Routes)as apparently we would need another DME in NI before they can be classed as SID's.Mind you the amount of pilots who tell me they are departing on a standard LISBO departure..... there aint no such thing!
I believe we will be issuing clearances in the same way to BHD,though i may be wrong on that one,time will tell.
The whole point of this is to stop the crossover at the IOM when BFS are on 07 not progress as some may think!
If i hear anymore i will let you know
Now i'm bored with this whole subject, what about that Belfast bash,i was thinking maybe October/November time,do you think anyone will be brave enough to show up

[ 25 August 2001: Message edited by: controller friendly ]