PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2020, 10:17
morno

Received 318 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by V-Jet
I can scarcely believe I am reading this. Have some serious respect for the qualifications and the licences you (seemingly) hold. If you don’t value those and the extremely hard work you put in to get them, no one else will. If you are an HR plant - you might dream of doing a pilots job but it’s not that easy to either get, nor do.

On paper it appears that current Max hours become future Min hours. For a start, how is that going to work long term?
You didn’t answer my question before. How can you justify the money that is being paid to an SO on an A380?

Setting the standard to the rest of the industry is something you guys have plodded out many times over the years. I don’t think it works anymore. The rest of the industry in Australia sets its own rates.

I do value what I have, but I also know that perhaps if you value your fellow pilots, maybe to create more jobs and movement, it’s time to get realistic with your pay and conditions. Just like when Jetstar was created, it created more jobs and movement. You could have taken advantage of it and still gone back to QF when things kicked off there again.

Swallow some pride mate and realise that an A350 is not an A380 (a few SO’s have even posted that they want the movement, not the money).

If I were in QF, I know which way I’d be voting....

Ohh and one other thing. It’s not a hard job, I tell my FO’s that every day. You don’t need a university degree, it’s the equivalent of a trade.

I do it because I enjoy it, but it’s certainly not rocket science. Don’t make yourself look like an idiot by saying it is