PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus Aviation Academy (Greece)
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2020, 09:57
Rosi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't agree more about going and visiting places, many places! You are right! This is what we have done my former classmates and I, we visited so many flight schools, the good ones have months of waiting list and/or are advertised as cheap, and many are hard to communicate with even after spending time visiting them. Stavros Anastasiadis looks like a pilot, is dressed like a pilot, talks like a pilot, acts like a pilot... he was a great military fighter pilot but aged pretty badly, many would tell you this. He is answering exactly what student expect to hear from a potential flight school. He seemed accommodating and experienced but as soon we started paying communication sharply changed and no longer respected us, he is a great comedian I recommend him trying soap opera melodrama auditions! Some former OAA's students even come with their parents from Greece and abroad, they placed their kids in delicate situation.

We were lied about the number of aircraft and aircraft types, even the location of the airport we were supposed to fly, the proximity with maintenance facilities, housing support.. By the way, several flight schools excuses to not present their fleet are their aircraft based away from their headquarter or/and the need of airport security pass to access the aircraft! We even met some OAA students on the premises of the school, they use a few of them to present well unfortunately. Some of these students have their family close to Anastasiadis, other have trapped too much cash in this school, it is there way to "save their money spent". In leaving they lost everything.