PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2020, 12:39
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by beautiful_butterfly
Sure hope you’re right!
Well I'd rationalise it by saying if the long term plan was to outsource and destroy" the LH award the perfect opportunity would've been in 2015 after the huge loss and the impending 787 arrival. But it came on the existing award. Under it's own set of conditions, yes, but almost every pilot I've spoken to says it's a fantastic deal, better than the 330 which is still flown under supposedly superior legacy conditions. The 787 is more senior than the 330. But I remember during the lead up to that vote the same types who are complaining about the 350 now were basically saying the same thing about the 787 then.

The A350 looks like it'll be a more pay than the 787 but a bit more work, and less work than the 330 for more money. But on a global scale utterly downright fantastic T&C's for any flying in this day and age. Don't like it don't bid for it. But even if you don't want to fly it vote Yes and keep it in mainline because it will ensure that the position you do want to get to will come quicker. If it's No and it's outsourced then your career progression is stalled again.