PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freighter Pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2020, 09:39
Progress Wanchai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sign or be fired coming to a mail box near you. (Not knowing where your mailbox actually is won’t be an acceptable excuse).

It’s arguable that under Hong Kong law your contract can’t be detrimentally altered. What the 49ers did prove is the company can indiscriminately use 35.3. What the 49ers also proved is the company can’t bitch about you while violating you. Some consolation I guess.

If this becomes serious enough we’ll all find ourselves either prematurely retired or on COS18. There’s no alternative employment out there right now so I’m guessing a majority will sign just to pay some bills, while COS99 crew will see it as a solution of sorts (orally violated as opposed to a pineapple).

There is an argument that a short term, knee jerk reaction will expose the company to long term serious issues. Let’s face it, the last time they tried this in ‘99 didn’t have any meaningful repercussions. My understanding is the company is entering survival mode and long term consequences will have to be dealt with in the long term, assuming there is one.

Good luck everyone!
I don’t fear the virus. I fear the opportunities that it presents to a morally bankrupt company that was already financially weak due to their own incompetence.