PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2020, 00:01
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ruvap
Tino has already conceded in a webinar that if a seperate entity were to be setup, he expects some current mainline pilots would bid across and this is exactly how we all should be thinking about it. Obviously they plan to allow such a mechanism. It could actually mean a quicker promotion by voting NO for some pilots. Maybe AIPA should get a clause put into the deal which leaves existing pilots with first rights to new positions in the new entity if in fact they proceed down that path in the event of a NO vote. I think a win/win is achieved by voting NO and gives AIPA another chance at renegotiating an new EBA ex the A350 ops. VOTE NO.
Ruvap you need to do some better research before you start posting voting advice here.

Read the FAQ released by the company. There is NO guarantee of being allowed to move over to the new entity. Flawed argument.

If you are not aware, bargaining and negotiations have finished. They are not interested in talking about the details of the new entity. There will be no such clause put into the EBA. There wasn't even one for Jetstar.

To vote NO in the hopes of quick career progression is laughable. Seriously? The only way to guarantee that promotion to mainline pilots, is to have the 350 in mainline!

If a NO vote gets up (which is looking highly unlikely), I wish you best of luck re-negotiating EBA 10 given the current climate. Pay freezes for all. No guaranteed 3%. Stagnation in career progression. More LWOP. Redundancy's is even a possibility.

Given the current situation (which has worked out perfectly well for the company), the offer on the table is a GOOD DEAL.

I suggest you heed the advice given from the AIPA President & VP.

Originally Posted by itsnotthatbloodyhard
You’re sure about that? What I’ve seen applies to all types, not just the A350, and would presumably apply to all new hires regardless of whether Sunrise goes ahead.
Well yes, but if Sunrise doesn't go ahead, there is going to be any hiring for a very long time.