PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 21:48
dutch_oven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could we hold a straw poll? How many of you guys are expats hoping to come home?

The deal is a ***** sandwich, but upon further consideration, a few points worth considering.

1. I don’t want to do the sunrise flying, but I have colleagues who do so I’d rather the flying go to them than the expats

2. MVF sux, but MVF will only be around until the 330 retires

3. SO pay sux. But, the new SO pay will only be effective once project sunrise commences. Therefore, if the 350s don’t arrive, the new SO pay won’t eventuate. If the 350s do arrive, at least the new SO applicants will be aware of what they are getting themselves in for.

4. We will mourn the loss of 380 conditions. Although, it’s well know that the 380 pay will be vastly different going forward anyway. It’s widely acknowledged that the 380 will be pulled off the US trips and put onto Asian flying. It’s more suited to 9 hour sectors.

5. Current 9 days London trips with credit of 55 hours and 7:15 AFDP suck. The proposed 350 LHR flights is 6 days trip, 42 credit hours, 9.5 AFDP, with higher allowances.