PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orient-Thai Airlines
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2003, 04:23
Flame Out

Orient Thai has grown tremendously in the past few years. It now operates 4 747-200s, 4 L1011s and 2 757s. The 757 is for the new start up outfit call "1-2-GO!" So far they have already signed and flown Japan - Siem Reap (Ankor Wat) run on a one year contract.

I used to work for them and they owe me nothing, even got all my bond money back (direct deposited while I was in ground school for another outfit) without even asking. Different stroke for different folks, I fulfilled my contract and he (Udom) fulfilled his. Don't know if 411A ever worked for him but I have.

On the nose in regards to BKK life style. You can live real well for $4500/mo. If you are unattached and have no huge mortgage back home, it is the closest thing to paradise. People are lining up out the door to work for Udom's low wages. No illusions here folks. I'm back with a 121 outfit now a little bit older and wiser but still live in BKK.

"Forty five hundred bucks! Man, that's a lot of money. See you guys down in Soi Cowboy."