PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 07:57
Ruvap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
Considering all the A380’s are about to be grounded and a 60-70% reduction in QF international is on the horizon....
Im not advocating anything but have you looked at the loads lately on QF international flights? They are horrendous and loss making.
The peak of COVID 19 will be August here so horrendous economic pain will endure to at a minimum early next year. In some ways a vote NO will be safer if the forecast of redundancy is true as I’m hearing, are the redundancy provisions the same in the new contract? Don’t shoot the messenger I have heard there may be a 400-500 million loss first half next financial year if this COVID19 persists until then. Sunrise may be binned or delayed if this keeps up.
This is yet another reason why we should resist any temptation to do anything and sit on our hands. Only way to do that is vote NO. Tino conceded that they are looking ‘through’ the virus situation but is that even possible? I don’t think so and given their already announced restructuring, this will inevitably get worse so yes, redundancy is entirely feasible and having Qantas make a decision on such a huge A350 order whilst parking A380’s seems not feasible to me. I think Tino was not telling you the whole story when he said they are looking through the virus. Watch this space! Voting NO is cheap insurance.