PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2020, 00:16
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stillcallozhome
Im not sure what you mean by “its by far a sneaky clause”?
Well when you said sneaky, I assumed you thought the company was trying to be sneaky and put it on the contract without having an open dialogue of it.

I'm just saying that hasn't happened at all. They have been very open about it.

If it’s 10-20 years before a command, that’s a long time on the one a/c and a lot can change in your circumstances in that time. There might also be changes in the rosters and types of flying on a particular fleet which would give someone the desire to switch fleets. Aside from SH, once the 380 is gone, you’ll be stuck.
Well I would argue if it's 10-20 years before command, it will be even longer if the 350 doesn't come to mainline.

Yes I agree rosters could change / fleets could change / RINs will happen / destinations will change. There is just so much hypotheticals at play here. You need to vote with facts.

For me personally, I think we will be better off as a group with more variety of flying available, and so far I haven't been convinced that a NO vote is better for the the mainline pilots. Remember, the 350 flying is opt in only. If you don't want to do it you don't have to.