PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2020, 19:56
Green.Dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The amount of people saying think about your health and vote NO, blah blah blah! Yes 22 hour flights are bad for you. Hell 14 hour flights are bad for aircrew. I personally find 3 pilot 10 hour sectors the worst nodding off on descent in to some sh$thole. Or what about the poor Low Cost jet pilots taking off at 9pm (2 pilot, 2 sectors) and landing back where they started from at 6-7am and having to drive home trying not to nod off and die in a car crash.

One positive I see though is pilots are smarter with their lifestyle. Don’t get maggot drunk when you do a layover, stay close to Australia time if you can, exercise when away. Frankly nobody out there gives a f@:k if you aren’t social even if you want to be, it’s about providing and being a good person for your family.

Lots of Qantas pilots who started in the jet age in the 60s lost their mind a couple years after they retired and died before they got to use their 500k wage and they didn’t even do ULH. I dare say it was more long term alcohol induced. That was what we used to do.

Airline flying is bad for your health FULL STOP but we either accept the future (If ULH doesn’t happen now it will one day) or you just QUIT the industry and find a nice 9-5 job you will hate. Another upside is you won’t waste your time on PPRUNE 😉