PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2020, 15:51
WB627

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts
So having gone back to the 1809 installation that had the printer working ie before the compulsory "critical" updates from the Microsoft Collective that appeared to stop the printer from working, the Collective last night decided that resistance was futile and installed three of them again l, despite my best efforts to stop them. The good news is that when I booted it up this morning I still had a working printer .

But, it still had one update to go, Realtek - Net which I believe is to do with the Ethernet adapter. So this afternoon, I summonsed the courage to install it (resistance is futile and only delays the inevitable who dares wins and all that) and to my utter surprise the printer still worked .

I have no idea why after the "critical" updates installed, this time it worked and last time it installed them it didn't .

But at least I am all set to go forward to 1903, or more likely directly to 1909 from what I've read. So I can look forward to many more days and nights doing battle with the Microsoft Collective and not up the pub getting another sort of virus .

Live long and prosper WB627