PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Farnborough CAS
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 21:50
Talkdownman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear
That 727 has a perfect right to be in it, as do flexwings or exec jets, GA balloons..........
Hear hear!

That particular flight had departed IFR on an IFR FPL. I find it hard to believe that the crew cancelled IFR. It is extremely unusual to encounter an airliner flying in accordance with the VFR because of flight-deck 'see and avoid' limitations. (The last airliner I encountered flying in accordance with VFR was a Boeing 757 on a maintenance positioning flight during the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull eruption, if only because IFR flight was not permitted at the time)

I am seriously beginning to wonder if some perceive off-airways flights to be 'VFR'. I note that one particular operator files VFR for the Class G portion before joining 'airways', yet departs into solid IMC. We should all know that operating in UK Class G does not mean the operation has to be termed as 'VFR'.

Originally Posted by Jetscream 32
Must admit having just seen the B727 on finals into Lasham an hour ago - when they are on 09
Oh, and, according to FR24, the 727 which arrived at 1632 on 3rd March landed on Runway 27...

Last edited by Talkdownman; 5th Mar 2020 at 22:01.