PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 07:52
ruprecht

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by crosscutter
Just as an alternate perspective....
I would guess he (NS) played a role in suggesting the savings ideas. The narrative would be from above...’we need these savings or the flying will be outsourced...see what you can do’.
Why anyone would want to work for QF mgmt I struggle with...but NS job in this may not have been desirable. In no way am I defending him but perhaps the job of AIPA and NS was to find a way to keep the flying in house under near impossible saving requirements.

We just don’t know, but either way, he’ll be eating and drinking while the crew are elsewhere for the remainder of his career. That’s the cost of ambition.
Yes, have pondered a similar line of thinking. Here’s another perspective:

The timing of this coronavirus seems pretty poor and is clearly to the company’s advantage, but I reckon it could be a lot worse. I think this virus has a long way to run yet. Imagine if the virus hit six months ago while “negotiations” were still ongoing - I can imagine the company attempting to gouge a hell of a lot more using the global downturn as an excuse. We haven’t quite dodged a bullet, but it hasn’t hit vital organs.