PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2020, 04:07
HabuHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExtraShot
Incase you haven’t noticed, there will be a ‘Gun to your head’ again regardless. A NO vote won’t change that one iota. Only there is the Risk of those negotiations being conducted with the realised threat of an actual entity now having been created to fly Qantas Wide bodies. That gun will have become far more powerful.

If I am to vote No,I’d like to see AIPA publish a credible pathway forward, outlined both legally and industrially, assuring me that the LHEA will not be consigned to irrelevance as we have missed our chance at having these new aircraft incorporated into our Agreement.

If they cant/won’t/or simply don’t have an answer for that, in mangaging the presented risk and potential outcomes, there’s only one way I can vote.
I don’t think that’s quite right but you do highlight the diabolical choice we have to make. If we vote NO and a new entity is created they cannot transfer our flying to them without running foul of transmission of business laws. But as you say that won’t stop them from threatening us to do so.

I agree 100% that we need some leadership AND info from AIPA ASAP.