PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2020, 02:04
ConfigFull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gazza mate
Personally I still don’t know which way I will vote. I’m relying quite heavily on AIPA and their resources to do all the required due diligence and legal research. Their communication and leadership over them next couple of weeks will probably play a large role in how I vote.

A few things a can’t stomach about the proposal.

New SO pay. Not only are they proposing to limit it to 6 year pay, but they want to replace the current pay scale with an extension of the first 18 months of probation pay. It’s condemning all new SOs to eternal probation pay which is very unfair. “Who cares? Not our problem” is a disappointing view from junior crew who not so long ago were new SOs themselves.

They want the sunrise conditions to extend to all sectors the 350 will do. I understand that for ULR flying, the current overtime rules is probably unrealistic. Why not put a cap on overtime for sunrise flying. But, it’s clear the 350 will also be doing current non sunrise sectors as well eg. Syd-lax, Syd-dfw etc. I don’t see why the conditions need to change for the 350 flying on non sunrise flights. This is pure daylight robbery of our conditions.

On the other hand, I obviously don’t want to see a new scabby entity take our flying. As I mentioned, long term this strategy doesn’t make sense but the airline shut down in 2012 didn’t make sense either, so they are probably capable to doing it.

Personally I would benefit from a yes vote if the company’s promise of growth eventuates but morally, voting yes doesn’t currently sit well.
Well said - couldn't have put it better.