PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 22:44
Guitar Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am broadly in agreement with you bythenumbers.

There are things I would like to see changed in the offer. I would like LRC to have a bigger value, I would like to see Element 3 stay, I’m not too happy about the increase in training freeze or the inability for me as a 787 FO to bid onto the A350 (which I would absolutely do).
However, none of these things are dire enough to have me gift the flying to another entity, if managements ultimatum were to stay true. Many of our pilots will bid onto the aircraft under the conditions on offer if/when it arrives. I would if I could.
Once again it comes down to the (I believe very real) risk of being sidelined just to have the possibility of these improvements.
I would need to see very strong leadership from AIPA, a unified and engaged Com and most of all, a very well planned, realistically achievable industrial strategy to justify the risk. So far, I don’t think we have this.

I also don’t buy the premise that if we don’t fight now, we will never fight. This is a fallacy. The option to fight or run always remains.
The question is, should we make a last stand and risk it all or should we consolidate now and fight when their is an achievable victory to be won?