PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 21:50
bythenumbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
787 SO

Look I’m more than willing to vote NO, even from my position way down here in the cheap seats, and just for the sake of clarity, those of us down the bottom third of the list have the most to lose here (not loose ).

No or Yes whatever I decide will be an informed vote.

Now there's plenty of chatter on here about transfer of business and so fourth but where is the actual information from AIPA on what if any legal avenues we may have to protect this flying being outsourced. In order to make an informed vote this is what we need. I personally feel information from AIPA has been very lacking. Maybe that will change after the meeting on the 10th but advice on the EA and what happens next are two different things.

Here’s the problem, evidence.

We now have Jetconnect operating on our AOC as of about 2 years ago, a pilot group based in a different country on a completely different industrial planet, yet the airline is “Qantas” because it’s our AOC. There’s no more operated by xxxx on the boarding passes because it’s operated by Qantas (from a regulatory perspective).

So what’s to stop the company doing the same thing again? This is a serious question if anyone has the answer. Because there are a lot of comments like “oh they will never be able to make it work” and “the public won’t accept it”.

The public already accept it. On the Tasman, they can sell it to the public as Qantas. Christ they can sell car insurance with a Qantas Brand.

So we would still end up with a 23.5 hour rule in our FRMS (although not in our EA) because of course CASA just signs whatever we want. Perhaps even our A330 TRE’s will be doing cyclic’s for these new generation of scabs, just as the 737 TRE’s and TRI’s do for the Jetconnect pilots. Jetconnect pilots sit on induction and initial ground training with our new hires. Same AOC, different contract.

This is what actually happens and it’s happening right now.

Perhaps I can speak on behalf of the some of my similarly junior colleagues that aren’t in fact hell bent on voting YES for the shiny jet at all costs. And that have been through a few rodeos before with other carriers.

Why can’t/ won’t they do it? And what if
anything can we do about it?

This is the part that we are perhaps struggling with the most. And this is how we make an informed decision.

If we can’t do anything about it, this vote really comes down to outsourcing or not outsourcing does it not?