PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expectation for landing a job straight out of Flight Academy
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 19:23
Sorath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoluxione
Personally I wouldn't enroll in a cadet program for a certain airline unless I would be 100% certain that the airline can provide a job after graduation. As you said they are quite limiting and with some airlines you aren't even guaranteed a job right after you graduate and you might end up waiting for years "in line" for the job.

That said I'm sure there is a lot differences between cadet programs, airlines and contracts between the student and airline so none of these things might not be true in your case if you choose that route.

Personally I am going to complete my pilot training with an integrated ATPL course as it doesn't make a difference for me if the aviation job market is down or up as I graduate in the future as I will just wait for my time then rather than now. I have a plan B financially and job wise if the market is down at that moment and I recommend you think of one as well just in case if s**t has hit the fan once you graduate
Yes. Well said. Thank God I have my plan B. I'm an engineer for Airbus now... always time to go back.