PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows 10 Nov Update Wipes Out Printers
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 18:00
WB627

Received 48 Likes on 15 Posts
Lost the HP Lasejet again

So just before I posted this it installed a couple more updates, I did an install and shut down & went to bed, so I could not check it until this morning when found the HP LaserJet was not working again; it was still there just not printing.

So I have spent all day installing and uninstalling the LaserJet umpteen times and trying different things. I can plug it into the laptop and it works. I have shared it on the network via the laptop and it works from the PC over the network, but it will not work directly from a USB connection to the PC. It is definitely installed and connected, it just won't print

Makes no sense at all to me.

On advice from Google I ran an scf /scannow from the command prompt as this apparently can fix errors in files. I t did find errors and pointed me to a log file for answers LOL. Page after page of utter gobbledegook.

So I now have choices go back to before those two "critical" updates installed last night, go back to 1803 (do not pass Go, do not collect £50), go forward to 1903 with fingers crossed, or persevere to try and get the printer to work from the PC.

I have had enough for one day, so another fun day in store tomorrow.

A clean install is looking more and more like a good idea