PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 02:48
IsDon01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It’s no mistake that QANTAS have made the decision to take pilots away from the recruiting process.

Over the last few years there has been a concerted effort by HR to employ only those they consider to be industrially compliant. That being that they are naive enough to believe everything that is told to them by the company is the gospel truth. Normanton is clearly the product of that.

It’s not his fault that he was bought up during the “every child gets a prize” generation, where when you’re bullied you just run to the teacher and have a little sook, or get your parents to fight your battles for you. When I went to school, the only way to defeat a bully was to fight back. That’s the situation we have here.

Now, since you mentioned it, there have been a grand total of 7 RIN processes within QANTAS that I have personally been involved in. One of those saw me demoted from F/O to S/O when the 767 was retired. That was 2014. I have still not returned to the position I held before that date. That being a wide body, Sydney based F/O. Don’t you dare presume to lecture me on the RIN process. I am far more aware of that than you will ever be.