PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2020, 02:20
blubak

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectAnywhere
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The best thing anyone could have done would have been to avoid any and all webinars. That has allowed the company to gauge interest, assess possible stumbling blocks to a yes vote and has given them the info they need to bypass the union.

This is the start of a new IR playbook in QANTAS and perhaps more broadly in Australian IR.

This is about further weakening unions now and in to the future and will have far more significant long-term strategic consequences than a simple yes/no vote now.

My advice would be do NOT ever deal with company comms/ propaganda on your own time. Any of the hundreds who’ve ‘dialled in’ have done so on their own time - unpaid - either at home or upline. It’s pretty remarkable really and has played in to QANTAS’ hands.

It would have been far better to ignore the dial ins and simply allow YOUR appointed bargaining representatives to do their work. Zero people on a dial in and Dick, Nathan and Tino twiddling their thumbs in the office would have sent a far stronger statement than hundreds of salivating pilots with dreams of shiny big twins waiting on their every word.
Perfect!
Just like the engagement surveys they run,if you participate you are assumed to be engaged,doesnt matter what boxes you tick or what comments you make.
As i have said before,there are obviously a lot of slow learners out there & just dont get it.