PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2020, 21:41
brodle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A little birdie
Really? That’s where you’re going brodle? I’ve conceded this point a number of times that what is on offer is not as good as current black book conditions. I note you haven’t done the figures yourself but that’s OK, I’ll give them to you know. Hope you trust them.

SYD-LHR-SYD
Black book: 48 credit hours (perhaps up to 3 hours less depending on the schedule) and about 28.5 hours of overtime. Total remuneration on current A330 rate would be $22,626.64
The proposed MVF will be 42:20 credit and 9.5 hours of overtime. Total remuneration on proposed MVF rate (2018 dollars) $16,098
If the 787 could do it it would be a straight 40 credit hours. Total remuneration 787 year 4 (2018 dollars) $14,121

For a PER-LHR- PER (current schedule)
Blackbook. 41:10 credit, 18 hours of overtime. $17508
MVF: 34:46 credit, 6:40 overtime. $12856
787: 34:25 credit. 0 overtime. $12,144

So if you want to hold out for the black book conditions, why does an MVF pilot deserve $17.5K on a route where Qantas pilots agreed that $12.2K is an acceptable rate? An extra 5.8% beyond the 787 MVF flying seems reasonable in that context?

Of course, the black book isn’t on offer for these routes. It will never be on offer so it really is a bit of a moot point. The question is whether what Qantas is offering for the MVF is reasonable or not.

If you want a better deal than what is on offer, how much better? How much extra time off or extra $$$ beyond the 787 on the PER-LHR-PER route is reasonable?

So far I’ve answered any questions asked of me. That courtesy has rarely been returned.

I’m obviously not who you think I am. I am not a Senior Check Captain in Qantas Airways.

Thanks Little Birdie,

I am aware of the ~30% salary loss of the sunrise contract relative to our current 'black book' contract; thank you for pointing it out. My main concern is the loss of credited hours per days worked and the need to go to work more often to fill a bid period divisor. I haven't read all of your posts so I didn't realise that you'd already made the case for sunrise of more work for significantly less pay.

In regards to answering all my questions, with respect, I don't think you have. To be straight, are you a Qantas Pilot who has been enlisted by Qantas to push the case for sunrise via various means including social media. I understand if you believe this to be none of my business, however it's important for people to have faith in the system and please feel free to ask any questions yourself and Ill return the courtesy.